Thursday, August 21, 2008

Canoe Trip Pancakes

I had so much fun on the 2008 canoe trip that I have decided that for this post, I will call these "Canoe Trip Pancakes".

Here is the recipe that I used for the pancakes. This is the recipe that ended my desire to buy box pancake mix.

1 Egg
4 Tablespoons Sugar
Pinch of Salt
2 Cups of Buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 2/3 Cups of Flour

Combine the first three ingredients (egg, sugar, salt) in a bowl and whisk well.

To that add the last three ingredients (buttermilk, baking soda, flour) and combine. Do not over-mix, it should still be a just mixed.

I use an electric griddle on high heat. Pour the pancakes on the griddle. When you flip the pancakes, poke the top with the spatula to let the steam out.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Jason said...

And don't forget the Costco pre-cooked bacon!

Shawn said...

That is a good call. That was the best.

Thanks again to pulling together the trip together. I look forward to doing it again next year.

julie said...

I made the pancakes for dinner last week and they were amazing. No syrup needed they were that good! Thanks for the recipe Shawn, I will not go back to the box!